The Orinda Garden Club supports community and regional environmental initiatives that strive to improve native habitat, protect the environment, and improve the landscape around Orinda. Over the last 10 years we have donated over $260,000 to causes listed below.
We also provide scholarships for students in the fields of environmental science and landscape architecture, and donate to local gardens and conservation concerns. Below is a partial list of our major contributions.
Other OGC Philanthropy Links
See list below for more.
OUR GRANT & SCHOLARSHIP PROCESS
Over the years, the Orinda Garden Club has awarded scholarships to local students in the fields of landscape architecture, environmental science and horticulture. To learn more about our scholarship programs, click here.
The Garden Club of America has funded more than 1,300 scholarship recipients as well. The GCA offers 28 merit-based scholarships in 12 areas of landscape and environmental sciences. To learn more about GCA scholarships, click here.
- Donations to Friends of Orinda Creeks.
- Save Mt. Diablo
- Save the Bay
- Save the Redwoods
- Tilden Botanical Garden (Regional Parks Foundation)
- Tilden Botanical Garden (Native Garden)
- San Francisco Botanical Garden
- Quarryhill Botanical Garden
- Penny Pines for National Forest maintenance
- Ruth Bancroft Garden Propagation Facility